Wednesday 9 May 2012

I've decided what to do with this blog

 To get to my main blog click here An English Rose in France

This is where I'm going to start putting my photographs of UK registered cars. Please feel free to contribute.

EU legislation

Under EU law, a private vehicle may be temporarily imported and used on French roads for up to six months in any 12 months. The vehicle must be re-registered in France if it is owned and used by a resident of France.

It is against the law for the resident of an EU country, while living in that country, to drive any vehicle registered in another EU country. So a person who is a resident of France may only drive a French-registered car while they are in France (with the exception of cross-border workers).

An EU-registered vehicle must satisfy the legal road worthiness requirements of its country of registration to be legal to drive elsewhere in the EU.

2 comments:

  1. Why are the illegal cars all blue, I wonder?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I must admit all I've posted so far are, I have seen others though, I know that there permanently in France but are at least UK legal, not that that would be worth anything in a serious accident if the owners insurance decide to investigate.

    ReplyDelete